Looking for a guest or side chair for your home office? Here's our roundup of 5 options without wheels.
Your office chair is the most essential item in your workspace when it comes to comfort. And a desk chair with wheels works great for moving around your office quickly but doesn’t work so well in some cases. Perhaps you have a wooden floor that you want to preserve, or you’re working on a raised platform. Either way, an office desk chair without wheels is the way to go.
While a stackable metal chair or kitchen barstool can work temporarily, they aren’t the right choice for comfort long-term. Fortunately, you have plenty of high-quality alternatives to pick from if you want to buy an option that works well for your desk.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Desk Chair Without Wheels
If you want to choose the right product, you’ll need to know what you’re looking for before you buy it. Below, I’ll cover some essential qualities your office chair without wheels should have:
- A Breathable Back: If you, like many people, sit in your office chair for long hours during the day, comfort is important. I recommend choosing an option made with breathable material, so you won’t get too hot while you work.
- Ergonomic Contours: The shape of your chair matters, as anyone who has sat in a seat with too straight of a back, can attest to. A quality office chair will come with ergonomic contours designed to support your body comfortably during long days in the office. You can also customize the fit of the chair with a back support cushion if necessary.
- Affordable Price: You shouldn’t have to break the bank to get a good seat for your home office. While you should expect to make a small investment, look for an option that’s affordable and ideally comes with a warranty.
- Quality Materials: While buying the cheapest pick can be tempting for those of us on a budget, quality materials are important in a chair. The surface you sit on will play a large role in how you feel at the end of the day. So, choose an office chair made with materials that will stand the test of time.
- A Neutral Style: Most office chairs without wheels are designed to be functional rather than stylish. However, you should be able to find an option with a simple look that fits well into your workspace. It’s best to pick a neutral color such as black, gray, or brown, so you can be sure it will match.
The Best Office Chairs Without Wheels
Considering the factors listed above, you’ll have plenty of options available to you for your office. Now that you know the key features to look for in a chair, let’s review some of the best picks available on the market.
The Office Factor Reception Guest Chair
The Office Factor Reception Guest Chair is a heavy-duty chair with flippable arms. You can use it as a guest chair when friends come to visit or an armless seat for your office. It’s built to be adaptable and made with high-quality materials that are designed to last.
The flip-up feature on this chair is unique and convenient, while the cushioned seat keeps you comfortable during long days. Another benefit of the Office Factor Reception Guest Chair is that it’s easy to assemble.
You can choose to put it together yourself or have a friend help you to make the process even faster. It also comes with extra fasteners in case you lose track of one.Check price of the Office Factor Chair on Amazon.
The AmazonBasics Mid-Back Guest/Reception Chair
The AmazonBasics Mid-Back Guest/Reception Chair works well for temporary seating, reception areas, and guests. It comes with a contoured plastic seat that’s comfortable to sit in for long or short durations. The mesh backrest is breathable and encourages airflow to prevent a sweaty back.
The chair is comfortable to move due to its lightweight design. And the metal frame is stable, stylish, and modern. With the AmazonBasics Mid-Back Guest/Reception Chair, your lower back will be held in an ergonomic position. Assembly is easy; connect the arms, backrest, and seat, and you’re ready to use it.Check price of the AmazonBasics Mid-Back Chair
More Firm Option
The SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Chair
The SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Chair is a firm, supportive chair with fixed angled T-arms. It has a breathable backrest, so you don’t have to worry about overheating when you use it. The built-in lumbar support will keep you comfortable during long hours at work. The seat on the SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Chair is thick and padded, and the base is durable.
Note that this chair isn’t the most luxurious or soft option, so it’s better for people who are looking for a firm seat. Overall, this chair is simple and straightforward, with an unassuming design that will match any office.Check price of the SPACE Seating AirGrid Chair on Amazon.
Heavy Duty Option
The CLATINA Office Guest Chair
The CLATINA Office Guest Chair is another comfortable and supportive office chair without wheels. It has a built-in lumbar seat to keep you seated comfortably throughout the day. The fixed angled arms are supportive and made with quality in mind, and the mesh back is breathable. You can sit on the thick padded seat without getting sore due to its high elasticity sponge design.
With the CLATINA Office Guest Chair, you’ll feel pleasantly supported due to the heavy-duty base. It’s a lightweight chair that’s easy to move but plenty durable and it won’t damage your wooden floors (for extra protection, use a floor mat). The chair is simple to put together and has a reasonable price that won’t break the bank.Check CLATINA Office Chair on Amazon.
The Wahson Heavy Duty Leather Office Chair (Set of 2)No products found.
The No products found. come with larger seats and 20-inch wide backrests. This makes them a great choice for those who are overweight or simply have a bigger frame. The ergonomic chairs provide quality lumbar support, and the armrests are padded.
These seats are easy to maintain, with water-resistant synthetic leather design. Take off the removable leather sleeves when you need to clean them.
You can expect the Wahson Leather Office Chairs to last a long time due to their stainless-steel frame. The chairs come with nylon pads beneath the base, so your floor won’t get scratched up.
The chair is stylish with a neutral gray color that will fit into any office. They’re also easy to assemble for a hassle-free setup.No products found. on Amazon.
Finding the right office chair without wheels for your workspace doesn’t have to be a hassle. Now, you have access to some of the best options available.