Best Commercial Paper Shredders
* This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase through my links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ordinary paper shredders don’t always get the job done when it comes to shredding larger amounts of paper. If you’re using a standard shredder for bigger stacks of paper, you’ll waste a lot of time and have to empty it more often.
A commercial paper shredder, on the other hand, can handle stacks of paper in addition to other materials, such as CDs and even credit cards. The right machine will be quiet and safely dispose of your documents so you don’t have to worry about identity theft. It can also help you keep your office freer from clutter and mess.
Benefits of a Commercial Paper Shredder
Paper shredders are undeniably useful for business purposes and peace of mind when it comes to protecting your data. But how can you know that a heavy-duty model is better than a standard paper shredder? Let’s look at some benefits of choosing a commercial paper shredder:
- Preventing identity theft: Identity theft is, unfortunately, quite common in the United States. Personal document theft is often to blame for this, so protecting your information is essential. By taking steps to destroy your personal information, such as shredding documents regularly, you can prevent your sensitive data from getting into the wrong hands.
- Time-efficiency: With an ordinary paper shredder, you’ll have a smaller capacity, meaning you can only shred a few pages at a time. Larger businesses will do better with a shredder that can handle higher volumes of pages. This will save you lots of time to dedicate to other, more important business tasks.
- Reduced clutter: It’s hard to work in a disorganized office full of piles of paper. While moving towards a paperless office can help reduce the clutter, if your business still requires the regular use of physical documents, you’ll still inevitably find stacks of paper multiplying. A shredder is a quick, easy way to get rid of the stacks once they’re no longer needed.
Heavy Duty Paper Shredder Comparison
Best for Large Capacity Needs
Fellowes Powershred 125Ci
The Fellowes Powershred 125Ci will help you protect sensitive business data and works well for larger offices. It doesn’t require recovery time between uses like other machines. Instead, you can use it for up to 45 minutes before it requires a cool-down period. The Fellowes 125Ci can handle up to 20 pages at a time and the machine can also take junk mail, CDs, and more.
Like the previous model, the Powershred 125Ci has SafeSense technology to protect your hands from injury. The removable bin has a 14-gallon carrying capacity, which is why we chose it as the best for large capacity needs. The bin is made out of sturdy plastic.
This shredder comes with jam-proof technology to prevent frustrating hassles. The Fellowes 125Ci Powershred 125Ci has a slim design which can fit easily into most spots in your office.
- Shreds staples
- Jam-proof design
- Energy saving features
- SafeSense technology protects your hands
- Not the quietest option
Best Overall Value
AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
The AmazonBasics 24-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder can handle up to 24 pages at a time. It’s our top pick because of its affordable price, large shredding capacity, and plentiful great user reviews. This shredder can destroy CDs, credit cards, and old junk mail. The pull-out paper pin can hold up to 7 gallons of paper.
The shredder has an LED indicator to show Standby, Overheat, Door Open, and Overload modes. It has smooth-rolling wheels that enable you to move it from room to room with ease.
- Trusted brand
- Strong motor
- Works for a long time
- Easy to move
- Smaller input slot than others
- Accessing blades is difficult
Bonsaii EverShred 14-Sheet Heavy Duty Shredder
The Bonsaii EverShred Paper Shredder is a cross-cut shredder that can handle up to 14 pages at a time. Since it doesn’t have as high of a capacity as other heavy-duty shredders, it’s a good potential pick for your home office or a smaller office setting. This machine can run for up to 30 minutes before requiring a cool-down period.
It includes jam-protection technology with auto-reverse and auto-start functions. The pull-out paper bin has a 4.5-gallon capacity with a window that allows you to easily see when it needs emptying. Note that you should empty it before it gets completely full to prevent paper shreds from getting on the floor.
- Very affordable
- Runs quietly
- Works fast
- Jam-free use
- Small paper bin
- Emptying the bin can be messy
Best Wheeled Option
Fellowes Powershred 99Ci
The Fellowes Powershred 99Ci shreds up to 18 sheets of paper into cross-cut particles. Use it for ordinary documents in addition to CDs, paper clips, credit cards, and pages with staples in them. You can run the machine for up to 30 minutes at a time before it needs to cool down. The jam-proof system powers through tough jobs without getting stuck. The shredder comes with wheels so you can easily move it from room to room.
For your safety, the Fellowes Powershred 99Ci commercial shredder uses SafeSense Technology. This will turn the machine off when your hands get close to the paper opening and protect you from injury. The paper bin has a 9-gallon holding capacity, so you don’t have to empty it too often. Make sure you use it with a bag inside to prevent the paper shreds from making a mess.
- Shreds quietly
- Sturdy design
- Attractive machine
- Wheels don’t lock
Best Quiet Pick
GoECOlife GMC121Ti 12 Sheet Shredder
The GoECOlife GMC121Ti Paper Shredder is a micro-cut shredder, which makes extra tiny particles while shredding. This makes it suitable for highly sensitive information. This shredder is another good option for the home office or a smaller office as it can only shred up to 12 sheets at a time.
The GoECOlife GMC121Ti 12 Sheet Shredder can run for up to 20 minutes before requiring a cool-down period. It has a bin capacity of 7 gallons, so you won’t have to empty it too often. Just keep in mind that this product doesn’t have as many user reviews as other shredders on the market.
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Creates micro-shreds for high security
- Shreds quietly
- Doesn’t have many reviews
As you can see, a commercial paper shredder can make your life a lot easier. You can use one to get rid of sensitive, personal data, old junk mail, and even DVDs or CDs. Hopefully, this article helped you find the perfect product to add to your office.